Sunday, March 1, 2009

Copyright Notice

For Sale Patterns:
Any pattern for sale here is copyright Sasha Evans, all rights reserved. What this means is:

  1. Please do not share or distribute copies of my pattern, but feel free to pass along a link to my blog.
  2. Make as many changes to my pattern as you want while you're knitting - be creative - but please do not publish an altered version of my pattern.
  3. Please do not use my pattern for commercial purposes. This means you may not sell copies of my pattern, altered versions of my pattern, classes based on my pattern or finished objects made from my pattern.
  4. If you would like to sell something based on one of my patterns, please drop me an email! I will take it as a compliment, and it's entirely possible - nay, likely - that we can work something out. I'm prepared to make exceptions to these stipulations, but please ask me first.

Free Patterns:

Creative Commons License
All of my free patterns are copyright Sasha Evans and are protected under the Creative Commons attribution non-commercial license. A straightforward explanation of this license, which includes a link to the full legal, code, may be found here.

In plain English, though, what it means is this:
  1. Feel free to share the pattern with your friends, but be sure the copied pattern includes my name and the URL of my blog (found at the bottom of each page of my patterns).
  2. Feel free to make changes to my pattern, or new patterns based on my pattern, but please give me credit. Mention the pattern of mine that inspired you and include my name and a link to my blog. This protects you as much as it does me - not only do I get credit for the work I've done that inspired you, but your innovations will not be confused for my work.
  3. Please do not use my pattern for commercial purposes.
  4. As always, if you'd like me to make an exception for you, please drop me an email!

If any of this doesn't make sense, please let me know. I'd be happy to discuss any points that may be unclear through email.

2 comments:

  1. I think these are very clear. In fact, can I steal em and use it for my own copyright? Obviously, I'd change up my name for yours, and remove a joke or two that is obviously your own. :) But the guts...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it! And definitely check out the creative commons website. :-)

    ReplyDelete