Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Little Things


I don't know what kind of flower this is, but now the entire dining room smells of it! My boyfriend, who will remain nameless, rescued this bloom from the sidewalk and wore it in his lapel on the bus ride home. He presented it to my roommate when we got home, who showed it to The Kiddo (her son, the most adorable and mercifully mild-mannered 6-month-old I have ever encountered). I think it's a more extreme smell than he's used to because his eyes got reeeeeeeally wiiiiiiiiide. Tiny kids are fun to watch when they first encounter things we take for granted. We had a pretty respectable thunder-storm this afternoon, and he stared out the window fascinated by the rain for as long as someone was willing to hold him near it. Kid's got good taste in nature.

4 comments:

  1. Its a lilac! One of my absolute favorite flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lilacs are SO YUMMY

    ReplyDelete
  3. lilacs smellum goodum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! the little letter-recognition thing that makes sure i'm not a robot was "wiffsma". wiffs? ma? in a post that is about both smells and moms? hahhahaha! ah, well.

    ReplyDelete