Monday, January 25, 2010

I'M NOT DEAD!!! Yet.

When last we left our heroine, she was tending to an incredible blonde lightening bolt while her boyfriend, who shall remain nameless, was tending to the estate of his mother, who had just passed away.  Then she fell off the face of the planet.

It's been a crazy set of months, hence the no blogging.  Or knitting.  Seriously, I like...tried to knit a wisp while I was sick, and it didn't go well.  That's pretty much been the extent of my knitting lately.  And I'm way too broke for yarn.  It's a sad state of affairs.

There have been many changes.  I no longer have blue carpet.  I now have ugly beige carpet in the most sketchy and dilapidated part of town I could find (but it's cheap).  This has, in fact, been a huge contributing factor to the lack of blogging.  It's hard to get revved up about domestic bliss when you're stuck in an apartment with mold in the basement, cigarette smoke wafting through the inoperable bathroom vent and boxes of still-unpacked stuff blocking your way to anything.  We don't even know how long we'll be here.  We've become transients, of a sort.

I also no longer have a boyfriend who shall remain nameless.  I have a HUSBAND who shall remain nameless!!!  (Hence the move away from the blue carpet).  The incredible blond lightening bolt is now my stepson!  And my husband, who shall remain nameless, is going to be a diplomat!  (Hence the transience - we'll be moving to DC soon, we just don't know when).  So things are looking up.  They're just looking up from a long way down.

Anyway.  The links for the pattern PDFs have been fixed (seems the file hosting service I was using stopped existing).  I've emailed the pattern to those of you who left email addresses.  Those who didn't, try the links again - they were broken, but they should work now.  I'm not abandoning the blog any more than I'm abandoning knitting, but it's definitely in hibernation.  I'll pop back on when I can and try to get it going again.  I need to stop thinking of my place as "the shit-hole" and work to make it nicer.  It is somewhat crucial to my mental state.  :-\

2 comments:

  1. I also need to get on the "less hate on the domicile" bandwagon. The apartment where I sometimes stay in DC is also moldy and cold and gross and has no basement for standing water or storage and is crowded with too much furniture, non-functioning spaces and disorganziation. My place is only slightly better, as it does have a basement for standing water (and a drain, and a dehumidifier!) and storage of other things that aren't needed upstairs or in DC. Holes in the floorboards are not a problem when they're covered with carpets, right?
    ~preservationgal

    ReplyDelete